Wednesday, February 19, 2014

You Anchor Me Scrapbook Layout

I'm alive!  The icky bug has been going around our house! Ugh...it's gone through two of my kiddos, one of which is still sick and me. I've finally managed to gain some of my strength back and get out of bed. I hate being sick especially when you know you are needed when others are sick too. I'm very thankful my husband steps right up to the plate and takes over. He is such a good man! I feel extremely lucky to be married to him! He is my anchor!

For today's blog post I wanted to share a design team project I created for My Style Stamps. I'm working with the "Love Wally" stamp set this month. Be sure to stop by MSS's shop and check out this adorable stamp set along with all the other stamps available.

I knew as soon as I saw this stamp set that I wanted to create a scrapbook layout using a few of the stamps. For our 15 yr. anniversary, my husband and I celebrated with a trip to Hawaii. I'm still working on scrapping our entire trip, and the "Love Wally" stamps were perfect for this layout of my husband and I while snorkeling.

Click on layout to see the details of the stamping.

I created the background of my layout using the open heart stamp and the tiny bubbles. (click on layout above to see the details) I stamped all over a textured white cardstock. I used a mask/template from my stash for the sailboat and sprayed it with blush from Heidi Swapp. I inked all the edges of the cardstock along with my photos. I placed 3 6x6 pieces of paper also from my design team package this month on my layout. These papers were perfect in color and pattern for my layout. (Papers are from the Serendipity collection) I wanted my photos to look as if they had an overlay on them or as if they had been printed on. I took the "You anchor me" stamp and stamped directly onto one of my photos along with the open heart stamp. I just love how versatile this stamp set is! I also stamped the adorable fish and anchor onto my other photos on this layout. I love this technique!!! I finished off my layout by adding a fun pink feather and a few seashell embellishments along with some washi tape I received in my design team package.

Here are a few more photos.




Be sure to check out my youtube video for a tutorial on how I stamped on my photos. 
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to stop by My Style Stamps.
Happy Scrapping! -Leslie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie, long time I've not been by your beautiful blog, sorry. You're are looking so cute girlie on your profile picture. Loving your layout, so sweet. Your children must be so big by now. I so remember when you started doing videos. You did a Christmas minim, many years ago that I loved.
    Sending blessing,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I really like your layouts! I like the added shells to remember the moment on this one :)

    ReplyDelete